Call us: 1-800-351-8558Bookmark this page
Immigration Law Group
     Permanent Residence HomeAbout Us

There are two primary ways in which you can obtain U.S. permanent residence. These are family-based sponsorships and employment-based sponsorship. Other methods include the U.S. "Green Card" lottery (diversity based petition), asylum, and abused spouse petitions. You may click on the tabs at the bottom of this page for information more specific to your category.

It is the general policy of the United States to deny permanent residence to anyone who entered the U.S. illegally. There are exceptions for people who qualify for the last amnesty (April 30, 2001), or abused spouses who have resided with an abusive U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse here in the U.S. Alternatively, the foreign national may qualify to receive permanent residence at the U.S. Consulate in his home country if the U.S. citizen sponsor can convince the government to grant a waiver.

For over a decade, our attorneys have processed thousands of permanent residence petitions. Please call us at toll-free at 919-788-9225 to speak with an attorney about your case.

Araneda Law Firm, P.C.
  Important notice: This site contains an overview of current immigration law. But laws can and do change rapidly. Every situation is unique and it may not be possible for you to fully understand your options without competent legal assistance. Please call us with confidence; we have the experience to help you at all levels of the immigration process, including deportation or removal proceedings.


Attorney Jorgelina E. Araneda also defends Federal criminal cases in the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina.
Contact UsPermanent ResidenceTemporary VisaCitizenshipTalk to an attorney now!