Call us: 1-800-351-8558Bookmark this page
Immigration Law Group
     IT Professionals HomeAbout Us

There are two areas of primary concern for technical employment in the United States:
1) temporary visas for employees who do not intend to live permanently in the United States (non-immigrants), such as the H1B visa, and
2) permanent resident status ("green cards") for employees who wish to permanently remain in the United States (immigrants).

Non-immigrant visas include E visas, H-1B visas, L visas, and TN visas (Canada or Mexico). The employing company's ownership combined with the foreign national's experience and education will determine which visa is most appropriate for employment in the United States.

For employment-based permanent residence petitions in the technology field, there are three categories. First preference includes foreign nationals of extraordinary ability in their profession. Second preference includes advanced degree professionals (which can sometimes require a national interest waiver), and the third and most common method in this category is to obtain labor certification through the United States Department of Labor. The Department of Labor's "PERM" system for labor certification went into effect in March, 2005.

If you are an employer or a foreign national with experience in this field and are seeking an employment visa in the United States, please call 919-788-9996 to speak with an attorney today.

Araneda Law Firm, P.C.
  Important notice: This site contains an overview of current immigration law. But laws can and do change rapidly. Every situation is unique and it may not be possible for you to fully understand your options without competent legal assistance. Please call us with confidence; we have the experience to help you at all levels of the immigration process, including deportation or removal proceedings.


Attorney Jorgelina E. Araneda also defends Federal criminal cases in the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina.
Contact UsPermanent ResidenceTemporary VisaCitizenshipTalk to an attorney now!