Call us: 919-788-9996Bookmark this page
Immigration Law Group
United States immigration law comes under the jurisdiction of the federal government, which means that we can represent you no matter where you live or do business. Please bookmark this page now so you can return here often for more information.
HomeAbout Us
About Immigration LawBusiness/Investor VisasEmploymentHealthcareRestaurant and HotelsFamilyIT ProfessionalsAsylum Call us: 919-788-9996 Contact UsPermanent ResidenceTemporary VisaCitizenshipTalk to an attorney now!

Araneda & Stroud Immigration Law Group, LLP is a board-certified, full service immigration law firm. Our diverse client base includes both individuals and multinational corporations from all over the world. Call us during normal business hours (EST) at 919-788-9225 to put an attorney to work for you today. Payment is easy; you can use your Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover card. Our law firm is based in Raleigh, North Carolina.


Please understand that we cannot give out legal advice until a lawyer/client relationship has been established. If you tried to handle your own immigration case and have created additional problems for yourself, please do not be insulted that we cannot give you free advice. If you wish to hire us to help you with your problems, however, we would be delighted to work with you.

"Parole-in-Place" Outlined in USCIS Policy Memorandum, November 15, 2013 "Parole-in-Place" was an informal procedure that could be used in the past for some extraordinary cases, but now USCIS has formalized the practice in a Policy Memorandum dated 11/15/2013. In essence, USCIS has announced that Parole-in-Place is appropriate for spouses, children, and even parents of "Active Members of the U.S. Armed Forces, Individuals in the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve or Individuals Who Previously Served in the U.S. Armed Forces or the Selected Reserve of the Ready Reserve." What does this mean in reality? Here is a sample case: a U.S. citizen soldier has a wife from Mexico. The wife entered the United States without papers. Under normal circumstances, the US citizen husband could sponsor the wife for a green card, but the wife would have to get a special waiver AND go back to Mexico in order to get the green card at the U.S. Consulate in Ciudad Juarez. The wife could not get the green card in the United States because she entered without papers. With Parole-in-Place, however, the wife can be issued a legal entry document. In other words, she is "admitted" to the United States lawfully. Once the wife has that, the soldier/husband can sponsor his wife to get her green card here in the United States. Call us at 919-788-9225 to see if Parole-in-Place can help you. .

Are you interested in the Obama Administration's new Deferred Action program for DREAM Act beneficiaries? We can help you.

Click HERE to see if you qualify for a Work Permit under the new 2012 Deferred Action Program.

Califica usted para el nuevo programa de "Acción Diferida"?

NEW: Educational DVD, in Spanish, explaining US Immigration Law. DVD en Español.


Araneda Law Firm, P.C.
  Important notice: This site contains an overview of current immigration law. But laws can and do change rapidly. Every situation is unique and it may not be possible for you to fully understand your options without competent legal assistance. Please call us with confidence; we have the experience to help you at all levels of the immigration process, including deportation or removal proceedings.


Attorney Jorgelina E. Araneda also defends Federal criminal cases in the Eastern and Middle Districts
of North Carolina.

Please visit our friends at and