Call us: 1-800-351-8558Bookmark this page
Immigration Law Group
     Restaurants & Hotels HomeAbout Us

The hospitality industry, more than any other employment group, deals most frequently with temporary employment visas. There are several visas available for this industry, such as the E visa, H visa, L visa, and TN visa (for NAFTA countries).

The H visa category for is subject to an annual government quota which is sometimes filled within the first week it becomes available. This visa is on a first come, first served basis, so it is critical that you work with an experienced attorney to file your petition as quickly as possible.

Typically, anyone seeking permanent residence through employment in the hospitality industry will require labor certification through the U.S. Department of Labor. In March, 2005, the Department of Labor changed its labor certification regulations to the current "PERM" system. Before the US government will give a green card to a foreign worker, the US employer must prove the job was offered publicly, that the job offers the current qualifying wage, and that no qualified US citizens applied for the job.

Our lead attorney has published articles in Restaurant Start Up & Growth magazine that deal directly with the immigration issues facing the hospitality industry. Please call 919-788-9996 and speak to an attorney about how our law firm can begin working for you today.

Araneda Law Firm, P.C.
  Important notice: This site contains an overview of current immigration law. But laws can and do change rapidly. Every situation is unique and it may not be possible for you to fully understand your options without competent legal assistance. Please call us with confidence; we have the experience to help you at all levels of the immigration process, including deportation or removal proceedings.


Attorney Jorgelina E. Araneda also defends Federal criminal cases in the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina.
Contact UsPermanent ResidenceTemporary VisaCitizenshipTalk to an attorney now!